What sustainability means for us
We would like to feed our food to animals in a healthy way – but also protect our environment in the process. Therefore we pay particular attention, in production, administration and sales, to work in a sustainable way:
- We use raw materials and energy sparingly and take waste for recycling.
- In production we use electrical energy which is obtained 100% from hydropower.
- We take part in the “Ecoprofit” programme, an operational advice and certification process.
- The waste gases produced during manufacture are cleaned in a 2,000 m3 biofiltration bed.
- We administer an internal company suggestion plan to improve environmental management.
We meet our social responsibility towards our employees through equal opportunities, a fair system of remuneration and high job security.
Incidentally, for over ten years our trial packaging has been filled in a workshop for people with disabilities. More than 15 employees have found a new job in this way.
In addition we are actively engaged in animal protection (for example by giving food donations to the “Houses of Hope”, a German animal welfare organisation), and support various canine sports clubs.
We cooperate with
the sheltered workshop Haus Hall in Gescher
the animal shelters of BMT (Bund gegen Missbrauch der Tiere)
the animal shelters "Häuser der Hoffnung"
energy from hydroelectric power production